Minimalist Quick'n Dirty Path Tracer. (almost) No keyboard needed, just drag'n drop files.
- Phong BRDF model ; some defaults materials from Ngan's fits
- Environment maps
- Normal maps, Alpha maps, textures for Albedo, Specular Ks, Shininess, Refraction, Refraction Index
- OBJ (with materials) and VRML import, XYZ import for point clouds (can also estimate normals)
- Display of edges, supports non-triangular faces
- Topological information
- Filtering, DoF, one spherical light source, Fresnel reflection on transparent objects.
- Rendering for lenticular images (can buy sheets at vuethru.com or dplenticular.com)
- Limited and buggy support of fog.
- Some support for integrating photos (background photo, "ghost" objects that receive shadows and indirect light but are not displayed)
- Dependency: Only wxWidget 3.1.0 (to download), CImg (included) and Nanoflann (included)
- Windows: use .sln solution for Visual Studio.
- Linux/MacOS: use CMake, should work too.
- Drag'n drop OBJ, VRML, XYZ files onto window
- Mouse down (left, middle, right) for camera control, mouse wheel for moving forward
- Click to select object ; see the cursor depth in the status bar (useful to change the focus distance)
- Shift+Mouse to move/rotate currently selected object
- Drag'n drop texture files or envmap files onto their slot on the right panel, or use the popup menu to change their values.
- If materials are changed, they can be re-exported into a new .MTL file (menu File)
- Menu Info gives topological info on the currently selected mesh (only works for meshes, not point clouds nor the default parametric geometries)
- Scene can be saved in an .scn file
|2.5 million triangles (src)||2.5 million triangles (src)||2.5 million triangles, entirely transparent (src)|
|1.8 million triangles (src)||1.6 million triangles (src)||3.1 million triangles, includes transparency (src)|
|133 k triangles (src)||260 k polygons (src)||1.8 k triangles + normal map (src)|
|23.7 million triangles (src)||1.8 million triangles (src)||2.5 k polygons + normal map, alpha map and edges display (src)|
|240 k triangles (src)||4.5 millions points Point Cloud||Lenticular images|
|Lion on a ghost plane + Background photo|