Follow that Bird
An implementation for Tweak-the-Tweet style emergency-response syntaxes.
The goal of this project is to search Twitter for tweets matching admin-definable syntaxes, extract defined structure from those tweets, and publish/share that structure as quickly as possible.
The goal is for this project to be a central repository for formatted tweets. We need to bear in mind extensibility and ease of building plug-in modules in the design and development of this app.
- The model layer is somewhat developed.
- Polling twitter search for tweets matching hashtags (script/runner Tweet.poll_indefinitely) exists.
- Views for adding syntaxes.
- Extracting hashtags from syntaxes on a Syntax lifecycle callback (before_save, likely). The tricky bit here will be removing hashtags before or after destroy but only if they aren’t used by any other syntaxes.
- Associate tweets that match (Syntax#match) a syntax with the matching syntax.
- Extract the hash data returned by Syntax#match(tweet.text) and associate it with both the tweet and the syntax.
Larger To Dos
Please see the issues page for outstanding to-do items.
How to help
- create topic branches
- send pull requests
- test your code
This code is released under the MIT license.