Awesome registration for awesome events
ProCon is an online event registration system, written for the BSCF LARP Conspiracy’s Festival of the LARPs 2007. ProCon is written using Ruby on Rails.
END OF LIFE!
ProCon is offline and no longer supported. For a modern replacement (which can import ProCon databases), please check out my new app, Intercode!
- Easy-to-use online registration.
- Automatic, flexible waitlisting system for events that have limited capacities.
- Events can have child events (for managing conventions, e.g.).
- Ability to create "virtual sites" with their own domain names for particular events.
- Powerful registration policy framework for restricting sign-up.
ProCon is a Rails 2.3 application, so you'll need to have Rails 2.3 installed to use it:
gem install -v=2.3.2 rails
Once that's installed, you can set up your database configuration in config/database.yml. For example:
development: adapter: mysql host: localhost username: root database: procon_dev
It uses the ae_users plugin for authentication. You'll need to either configure a separate users database, or put your user tables in the same database as ProCon uses.
Either way, you'll need to configure it in config/database.yml:
users: adapter: mysql host: localhost username: root database: procon_dev
Once that's done, you can run the following command to set up your databases:
And you should then be all set to start running ProCon.