A structured database and level editor with a local web app to edit it.
CastleDB is used to input structured static data. Everything that is usually stored in XML or JSON files can be stored and modified with CastleDB instead. For instance, when you are making a game, you can have all of your items and monsters including their names, description, logic effects, etc. stored in CastleDB.
CastleDB stores both its data model and the data contained in the rows into an easily readable JSON file. It can then easily be loaded and used by any program. It makes the handling of item and monster data that you are using in you video game much easier.
To run the package, download http://nwjs.io and put package.nw into the nwjs directory
Compile from sources:
1. Install Prerequisites
- Install Haxe using approriate installer from https://haxe.org/download/
- Install hxnodejs using the command
haxelib install hxnodejs
- Install hxbit using the command
haxelib install hxbit
2. Build castle.js
- Clone this repository
- At the root of the repository folder run
haxe -lib hxbit -lib hxnodejs -cp src -main Main.hx -js bin/castle.js
- This will create
castle.jsfile in the
3. Package or Run with NWJS
- Download and copy NWJS from http://nwjs.io into the bin/nwjs directory
- Run cdb.cmd on windows or nwjs/nwjs from bin directory on Linux
- On OSX, you need to copy all bin files into bin/nwjs.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw folder, then open the NWJS application
Website / documentation: http://castledb.org