___ ___ / | \ ____ __ __ ______ ____ / ~ \/ _ \| | \/ ___// __ \ \ Y ( <_> ) | /\___ \ ___/ \___|_ / \____/|____//____ >\___ > \/ House \/ \/ Dynamic Mobile Analysis Tool Contact: email@example.com
House: A runtime mobile application analysis toolkit with a Web GUI, powered by Frida, written in Python. It is designed for helping assess mobile applications by implementing dynamic function hooking and intercepting and intended to make Frida script writing as simple as possible.
git clone https://github.com/nccgroup/house cd house pip3 install -r requirements.txt pip3 install pipenv pipenv --python=/usr/bin/python3 install pipenv --python=/usr/bin/python3 shell python3 app.py <PORT> # or: mkvirtualenv --python=/usr/local/bin/python3 house workon house pip install -r requirements.txt python app.py <PORT> # or: (only for Mac OS) git clone https://github.com/nccgroup/house cd house pip3 install -r requirements.txt pip3 install pipenv pipenv --python=/usr/local/bin/python3 install pipenv --python=/usr/local/bin/python3 shell python3 app.py <PORT>
By default, House binds to http://127.0.0.1:8000.
To get an overview of House capabilities, you can visit user's manual for details.
- Added dynamic dex/jar hooking, House now can hook functions in dynamically loaded dex/jar files
- Added Mini Script option for Hooks
- ClassLoader Enum
Note: Make sure to update your Frida version to >= 12.8.3 for /dex/jar function hooking
In this section, a small example is provided to illustrate basic usage of
House. The demo case is performed against a small testing android application:
Make sure an Android device is plugged in over USB and Frida server is running on the device. Check the Frida server is successfully spawned using the following command:
Start the House application by running app.py :
python app.py <PORT>.
Open a browser and navigate to http://127.0.0.1:PORT.
- Dynamically generating hook script from templates based on the config file, monitor key operations including FILEIO, IPC, etc.
- It is experimental at this point, If you find more functions needed to be hooked, feel free to let me know or file a PR.
Preload & Sideload
- House now support
sideload. It supports stetho side loading at this point; which makes it easier for us to examine the UI; storage; etc.
- It is experimental at this point, but more functionalities such as SSLStrip will be added under this tab.
- Enumerate all loaded classes:
- Enumerate all classes in the Dex file:
- Enumerates all methods within a given class
- History Scripts management
Multiple Function Tracing
Sometimes House cannot perfectly parse argument informations. For example, an arguments can be with special type. In the example app, it implemented
isLitfunction that takes customized object as its argument. To tackle those situations, a simple "REPL" is provided by House. Security researchers can dynamically type in Frida script in the REPL and modify the function behaviors.
Several REPL functions were provided by House to make the testing easier:
java.lang.reflectto inspect fields information within an object.
setRetval(ret)takes a parameter and will try to cast it to the correct return type using the original return value's constructor.
getStackTrace()will print the stack trace.
- More REPL functions will be added in the future.
Note: For constructor method hooking/intercept, input
$init as method name.
To make House work; you would need:
- A rooted android device with frida-server running plugged in your computer, use only one USB device is recommended.
- Local frida-python version matches frida-server's.
Cannot get device? Does not work?
Also please try to restart both the frida server and House, if still not working, please file an issue.
Time out error?
Often occues when there are multiple USB devices connected, try to restart the target application.
House has been tested using Frida version 12.8.6; there might be some issues with some other versions, also make sure frida-python matches frida-server's version. If still not working, try to run the generated frida scripts manually to see if it works.
Special thanks to following open-source projects for inspirations on House:
- Frida, the great instrumentation toolkit that making all of these possible.
- Objection, an inspiration and guide in building part of the Frida templating scripts of House.
- Inspeckage, an inspiration on the Monitor functionality of House.
- 0xdea/frida-scripts - a great Frida scripts arsenal.
If you have more questions about House, or want to help extending it, feel free to contact:
Or send an email to: Hao Ke