NCurses Music Player Client (Plus Plus)
Project page - http://rybczak.net/ncmpcpp/
ncmpcpp – featureful ncurses based MPD client inspired by ncmpc
- tag editor
- playlist editor
- easy to use search engine
- media library
- music visualizer
- ability to fetch artist info from last.fm
- new display mode
- alternative user interface
- ability to browse and add files from outside of MPD music directory …and a lot more minor functions.
- boost library [https://www.boost.org/]
- ncurses library [http://www.gnu.org/software/ncurses/ncurses.html]
- readline library [https://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html]
- curl library (optional, required for fetching lyrics and last.fm data) [https://curl.haxx.se/]
- fftw library (optional, required for frequency spectrum music visualization mode) [http://www.fftw.org/]
- tag library (optional, required for tag editing) [https://taglib.org/]
- No full support for handling encodings other than UTF-8.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
cdto the directory containing the package's source code.
For the next two commands,
csh users will need to prefix them with
./autogen.shto generate the
./configureto configure the package for your system. This will take a while. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
maketo compile the package.
make installto install the programs and any data files and documentation.
You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing
Detailed intallation instructions can be found in the
Optional features can be enable by specifying them during configure. For
example, to enable visualizer run
Additional details can be found in the INSTALL file.