In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by triaging bug reports
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by fixing issues
- by reviewing patches
- by suggesting new features
We use a mailing list for user support. If you've got a "how do I do this?" or "this doesn't seem to work the way I expect" type of issue or just want some help, please post a message to the mailing list.
Submitting an Issue
If you're confident that you've found a bug in rails_admin, please open an issue, but check to make sure it hasn't already been submitted. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system. Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the repository.
- Create a topic branch.
- Add specs for your unimplemented feature or bug fix.
bundle exec rake spec. If your specs pass, return to step 3.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
bundle exec rake spec. If your specs fail, return to step 5.
open coverage/index.html. If your changes are not completely covered by your tests, return to step 3.
- Add, commit, and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request.