📽️ YouTube Playlists
Demo available at:
🏁 Getting Started
Simply drag-and-drop a YouTube URL / Tab onto the page and it will be added to the playlist. Optionally, it will also recognize YouTube URLs in your clipboard once you focus onto the page and ask if youd like to add the video.
Once you've got your playlist organized, press "Play" and the application will begin auto-playing your playlist, optionally in staying in fullscreen through the remainder of the dynamic playlist.
- Create on the fly playlists from YouTube without cluttering your 'saves'
- Responsive Design
- Progressive Web App - Installable on Mobile
- Web Share Target - You can 'share' from any other Android App to this App.
- Shareable Playlist URLs - Data is embeded into the URL Hash (New
- (Coming Soon) Google Cast Functionality
The only requirement to host your own instance is a YouTube API Key. You can visit developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started to view how to get one.
The functionality to get the YouTube video details, in my implementation, is provided through a serverless function running on a Cloudflare Worker. You can find the code for it in the
serverless_youtube.js file. These few functions can simply be copied back into
index.js if you prefer to not use a worker / serverless function.
👷 Getting Started
In order to setup your own instance, you need to do the following:
- Get your own YouTube API Key
- Sign up for Cloudflare Workers
- Create a new worker and copy the code from
serverless_youtube.jsinto the application
- Insert your YouTube API Key on line 2 in the variable
keyof the worker code
- Adjust the
src/index.json line 111
This is very much still in beta stage, but you can run it locally by:
- Clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/ndom91/youtube-playlists
- Install dependencies
- Start dev server