What is this?
A simple physics simulation/meditation/relaxation experiment. Which you can view here
Ultimately the main motivating factor for this experiment was my desire to learn a bunch of "new" technologies:
- Box2dWeb - Rather than roll my own physics I decided to finally take the plunge and learn how to use a real physics engine.
- SVG - Most of my prior experiments were built using Canvas or DOM rendering. This turned out to be a good chance to try out SVG.
- CoffeeScript - 99.9% of my coding at work is in JS. I was curious what all the hubbub was about.
- Web Audio API - As a last minute decision, I decided it would be nice to play with something entirely new.
What came out of the combination of the above is something that I find myself staring at for unexpectedly long periods of time.
- iforce 2d - Box2d C++ tutorials
- Box2d Flash API Docs
- HTML5 Rocks - Getting Started with Web Audio API
- HTML5 Rocks - Developing Game Audio with the Web Audio API
- In another terminal run a server to serve this projects directory (e.g.
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080).
- Open up the browser