A quick start manual
There are several options for quick start, depending on what you are trying to do:
- Beginner: Build your first application in the NEAR Studio IDE
- Intermediate: Use NEAR with an existing front-end
- Advanced: Build and run a local TestNet node
- Expert: Build and run a local multi-node TestNet
We have 3 development environments currently available:
- Local TestNet: You run this node in your local environment.
- Hosted TestNet: NEAR hosts a multi-node TestNet in the cloud. This is currently the default that our online Studio IDE, Block Explorer and Wallet point to.
Blocks on the TestNets are not produced continuously -- they are only created when needed (so you can't necessarily rely on them for timing purposes).
Quick reference: Link to the Hackathon Quickstart Vagrant box