NEAR Protocol - scalable and usable blockchain
⚖️NEAR Protocol is a new smart-contract platform that delivers scalability and usability. 🛠Through sharding, it will linearly scale with the number of validation nodes on the network. 🗝Leveraging WebAssembly, TypeScript, more sane contract management, ephemeral accounts and many other advancements, NEAR finally makes using a blockchain protocol easy for both developers and consumers.
Check out quick start documentation, specifically:
Develop and deploy contracts without any setup required using NEAR Studio:
This project is currently under heavy development. Please see Issues and Milestones to checkout the current progress and working items.
High level milestones:
- DevNet: a tool with fully working State Transition + WebAssembly.
- AlphaNet: Multi-node smart-contract platform.
- BetaNet: Added economics and enhanced security.
- (In progress) Nightshade: Added sharding and staking.
- TestNet: Added governance module, ready to launch as MainNet
- MainNet: Launched full blockchain.
Checkout the Developing NEARCore section of documentation.