IIS Log Manager was designed as a simple to use IIS Log manager. THe application uses Microsoft.Web.Administration to invoke a ServerManager to pull IIS Sites and their log settings.
By using Web.Administration, the application is dynamic, and in most cases, can run out of the box.
This is an Alpha release. It works, but not all settings are implemented
Custom Log Locations
Beyond dynamically searching IIS Log locations, this application can also cleanup logs located elsewhere on the machine. To add a custom
log location, launch the application and click "Tools"->"Custom Log Locations". As of the Alpha release, these settings are still stored in the App.config file.
These settings will eventually move to the SqlLite database.
IIS Log Manager uses a SqlLite database to store application specific settings. These settings can be modified by launching the application, then clicking on "Settings"->"Application Settings". Note that some settings are locked and should never be modified.
Debug - Enable debug logging to the logs\debug-log.txt
ZipFileNameDateFormat - C# DateTime value that is appended to the Zip Archives Default: yyyyMMdd
ZipArchiveDirectory - Directory to place Zip archives. This is relative to the log file parent directory Default: Archive
SMTPUser - If SMTP Notifications are enabled and your SMTP server requires authentication, enter it here
These items will be included in future releases
- Move Custom Log Locations to SqlLite Database
- Allow dynamic DaysToKeep options for each log location
- Change string files in Shared.ZipFiles to use a faster method
- Fix static log extension Shared.ZipFiles, should be dynamic
- Finish Email Manager and SMTP reports
- Multi-thread calls to Shared.ZipFiles to process multiple directories at the same time
- Set File.SetLastWriteTime of Zip archives to date of the files placed in it.
- Cleanup files older than archiveDays + deleteArchiveDays to prevent archiving items that will be deleted