An gnome-shell extension that makes window movement a lot easier. It can be compared with a basic version of the compiz grid plugin.
- krlmr - Move to other display
- 73 - Move focus
- Anthony25 - gnome-shell 3.12 support
- airtonix - gnome-shell 3.5 support
- zara86 - gnome-shell 3.16 support
- cleverlycoding - gnome-shell 3.18 support
The extension can be configured using the gnome prefs tool.
- East/West widths, North/South heights
- Change width and height when moving to corner (Always, only height, only width)
- Use multiple widths even if moving to other screen is possible
- Move focus using the keyboard
- move-focus-north/east/south/west using super + i/l/k/j (default)
- Application based config (hit the save button)
For application base configuration the extension relies on the wnck rary.
sudo zypper in libwnck-devel
pacman -S libwnck3
sudo yum install libwnck3
sudo dnf install libwnck3
apt-get install gir1.2-wnck-3.0
Wayland At the moment there I have problems getting Wnck to run under Wayland - Issue 109
Multi screen setup support
The extention works well with mutliple screens.
Moving windows from one screen to another is currently only possible in horizontal setup. e.g. a window that is a the left or right side of one screen, can be moved to the next screen using keyboard shortcuts.
- Move to left screen: default binding: Left
- Move to right screen: default binding: Right
The keyboard settings can be changed using the preferences.
Copyright (c) 2011-2017 Clemens Eberwein
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of VERSION 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation provided that the above copyright notice is included.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Go to http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html to get a copy of the license.