This directory contains the code which runs the pmretract application, hosted by Heroku/MongoHQ.
Right now, it’s not recommended that you try to run the sinatra code locally. However, if you want to try, the steps are as follows:
- Download the code, e.g. git clone email@example.com:neilfws/PubMed.git and cd code/sinatra
- bundle install
- Install MongoDB on the same machine (default host localhost and port)
- Change back to the code/ruby directory
- Run scripts in order: ecnt2mongo.rb, xml2mongo.rb, timeline.rb (requires the BioRuby bio gem)
- Change back to code/sinatra and start the application (e.g. shotgun config.ru)
In the future, Rakefile will supply tasks to replace step 5.