git-dit - the distributed issue tracker for git
WARNING: This is pre-1.0! Expect bugs and incompatibilities!
However, we try to avoid breaking changes.
- Distributed issue tracking, without checking files into the repository
- Convenient commandline interface (plumbing + porcelain)
- Implemented as
- Each command has a
- No structured data
- An issue/comment is a commit
- "Tags" are supported (see
git dit pushand
git dit pull
- No additional software needed on the server-side.
When playing with this, please keep in mind that this is alpha quality - there are bugs, missing things and rough edges.
Cargo is used for building git-dit. Run
in this directory in order to build
git-dit. Building the
git-dit man page
is enabled through the "manpage" feature of the Cargo package. E.g. run
cargo build --features manpage
We do not provide any installation scripts. If you intent using or testing
git-dit, make sure to have the binary in your
Additionally, for building the man page,
pandoc is required.
If you use Nixpkgs, it is also available as the attribute
gitAndTools.git-dit, so you can try it out with simply
nix-shell -p gitAndTools.git-dit.
(c) Julian Ganz, Matthias Beyer