Android Secure Element (SE) access sample app
Shows how to access the secure element on Android 4.0.4 and 4.1. Requires a rooted device to install and run. More details and background information in related blog posts:
While this program doesn't try to modify the SE and doesn't contain any 'dangerous' SE commands, using and/or modifying it may lock (brick) the secure element on your phone. Make sure you know what you are doing and use at your own risk!
- Get the source code for the Java EMV Reader library from http://code.google.com/p/javaemvreader/ and build it.
- Drop the resulting jar file in
- Import the project in Eclipse and build it.
Installation and running
- Add the signing certificate to
/etc/nfcee_access.xmlon your device. This requires root access to remount
/systemas rw. See first blog post for details on file format.
- Sign and install the APK.
- Run from launcher or Eclipse.
- (Optional) Install Google Wallet to test EMV functionality.
Read linked blog posts for more details.