Currently only works with EventBrite Organizer.
This Android App speaks the Ticket Type or Pass Type of attendees checking in with the Eventbrite Organizer app.
Instead of having to squint at the tiny text saying the Ticket Type or Pass Type, this App will read it out loud after scanning.
In the image below, the phone will say "Sunday Pass" right after the Eventbrite success chime.
- Download/Install the APK from GitHub Releases.
- You may need to allow apps from non-Play Store sources. Please use Google or use Amazon's instructions that they wrote for their own App Store.
- Open the App. It'll take you to a Settings page to enable the PassShout service.
- Enable the PassShout service.
- Scan an unchecked-in ticket/pass in in the Eventbrite Organizer.
- There is a "debounce" mechanism to prevent saying the same pass type twice for every unique barcode.
- The App will request audio focus and pause playback of "background audio" temporarily. This can be music or a PSA telling guests to get their tickets out on a loop. This functionality was tested with VLC for Android and other music applications.
- Uninstall the App after the event. The App is implemented in a low-power and efficient manner but the nature of its implementation means it can stay running unless uninstalled.
Written after Socal Retro Gaming Expo 2019 which has ticket types of:
- Saturday Pass
- Weekend Pass
- Sunday Pass
- Kid Pass
- Not scanned in
Saturdays are always the most hectic. And some attendees bought a Weekend Pass for themselves but a Saturday pass for their partner.