Nengo: Large-scale brain modelling in Python
Nengo depends on NumPy, and we recommend that you install NumPy before installing Nengo. If you're not sure how to do this, we recommend using Anaconda.
To install Nengo:
pip install nengo
If you have difficulty installing Nengo or NumPy, please read the more detailed Nengo installation instructions first.
If you'd like to install Nengo from source, please read the development installation instructions.
Nengo is tested to work on Python 2.7 and 3.4+.
Here are six of many examples showing how Nengo enables the creation and simulation of large-scale neural models in few lines of code.
- 100 LIF neurons representing a sine wave
- Computing the square across a neural connection
- Controlled oscillatory dynamics with a recurrent connection
- Learning a communication channel with the PES rule
- Simple question answering with the Semantic Pointer Architecture
- A summary of the principles underlying all of these examples
Usage and API documentation can be found at https://pythonhosted.org/nengo/.
Information for current or prospective developers can be found at https://pythonhosted.org/nengo/dev_guide.html.