Welcome to Neo4j.rb's documentation!
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 3 Introduction Setup UpgradeGuide RakeTasks Node Relationship Properties UniqueIDs Querying QueryExamples QueryClauseMethods Configuration Migrations Testing Contributing AdditionalResources HelperGems api/index
ActiveGraph (the activegraph gem) is a Ruby Object-Graph-Mapper (OGM) for the Neo4j graph database. It tries to follow API conventions established by ActiveRecord and familiar to most Ruby developers but with a Neo4j flavor.
- (software) A dynamic, open source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write.
- Graph Database
- (computer science) A graph database stores data in a graph, the most generic of data structures, capable of elegantly representing any kind of data in a highly accessible way.
- (databases) The world's leading graph database
If you're already familiar with ActiveRecord, DataMapper, or Mongoid, you'll find the Object Model features you've come to expect from an O*M:
- Indexes / Constraints
Because relationships are first-class citizens in Neo4j, models can be created for both nodes and relationships.
Additional features include
- A chainable arel-inspired query builder
- Migration framework
- Ruby 2.5 + (tested in MRI and JRuby)
- Neo4j 3.4 +