This is the NeoMutt Project
What is NeoMutt?
- NeoMutt is a project of projects.
- A place to gather all the patches against Mutt.
- A place for all the developers to gather.
Hopefully this will build the community and reduce duplicated effort.
NeoMutt was created when Richard Russon (@FlatCap) took all the old Mutt patches, sorted through them, fixed them up and documented them.
What Features does NeoMutt have?
|Attach Headers Color||Color attachment headers using regex, just like mail bodies|
|Compose to Sender||Send new mail to the sender of the current mail|
|Compressed Folders||Read from/write to compressed mailboxes|
|Conditional Dates||Use rules to choose date format|
|Custom Mailbox Tags||Implements Notmuch tags and Imap keywords|
|Encrypt-to-Self||Save a self-encrypted copy of emails|
|Fmemopen||Replace some temporary files with memory buffers|
|Forgotten Attachment||Alert user when (s)he forgets to attach a file to an outgoing email.|
|Global Hooks||Define actions to run globally within NeoMutt|
|Header Cache Compression||Options for compressing the header cache files|
|Ifdef||Conditional config options|
|Index Color||Custom rules for theming the email index|
|Initials Expando||Expando for author's initials|
|Kyoto Cabinet||Kyoto Cabinet backend for the header cache|
|Limit Current Thread||Focus on one Email Thread|
|LMDB||LMDB backend for the header cache|
|Multiple FCC||Save multiple copies of outgoing mail|
|Nested If||Allow complex nested conditions in format strings|
|New Mail||Execute a command upon the receipt of new mail.|
|NNTP||Talk to a Usenet news server|
|Notmuch||Email search engine|
|Progress Bar||Show a visual progress bar on slow operations|
|Quasi-Delete||Mark emails that should be hidden, but not deleted|
|Reply With X-Orig-To||Direct reply to email using X-Original-To header|
|Sensible Browser||Make the file browser behave|
|Sidebar||Panel containing list of Mailboxes|
|Skip Quoted||Leave some context visible|
|Status Color||Custom rules for theming the status bar|
|TLS-SNI||Negotiate with a server for a TLS/SSL certificate|
|Trash Folder||Automatically move deleted emails to a trash bin|
Contributed Scripts and Config
|Header Cache Benchmark||Script to test the speed of the header cache|
|Useful programs||List of useful programs interacting with NeoMutt|
|Vi Keys||Easy and clean Vi-keys for NeoMutt|
|Vim Syntax||Vim Syntax File|
How to Install NeoMutt?
NeoMutt may be packaged for your distribution, and otherwise it can be built from source. Please refer to the instructions on the distro page.
Where is NeoMutt?
- Source Code: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt
- Releases: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/releases/latest
- Questions/Bugs: https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues
- Website: https://neomutt.org
- IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/neomutt - please be patient. We're a small group, so our answer might take some time.
- Mailinglists: neomutt-users and neomutt-devel
- Development: https://neomutt.org/dev.html
- Contributors: Everyone who has helped NeoMutt
NeoMutt is released under version 2 of the GPL, the GNU General Public License. See LICENSE.md.
The principal authors of NeoMutt are:
- Copyright (C) 1996-2016 Michael R. Elkins
- Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Brandon Long
- Copyright (C) 1997-2009 Thomas Roessler
- Copyright (C) 1998-2005 Werner Koch
- Copyright (C) 1999-2017 Brendan Cully
- Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Tommi Komulainen
- Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Edmund Grimley Evans
- Copyright (C) 2000-2019 David Champion
- Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Rocco Rutte
- Copyright (C) 2014-2019 Kevin J. McCarthy
- Copyright (C) 2015-2019 Richard Russon