Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 36 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Accessing carts from multiple computers with symlink
This tutorial is only for Windows PCs at the moment.
You will learn a hacky way to access and edit your TIC carts from multiple computers without copying and pasting!
- Make a new directory for tic files to a cloud storage folder, say
- Create a directory with name
appdata(or whatever suits you) in that folder.
- Open TIC-80 and use command
folderto go to TIC's appdata folder (it's where TIC carts are stored.)
- Go one folder up (to folder
- Rename folder TIC-80 to TIC-80-temp or something, you won't be using it anymore...
- Make a symlink (symbolic link) to your previously created folder with command (you can copy the exact folder names by clicking the address panel in File Explorer).
- (You'll need an elevated (admin) command prompt! open it by right-clicking Command Prompt -> run as administrator)
- Use the command
Mklink /D C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\com.nesbox.tic\TIC-80 "C:\Users\your_username\Drive\TIC-80\appdata"
Now TIC-80 will use the folder in your cloud storage as its appdata folder and you can run your carts from any computer!