Note: This project is a work in progress to showcase the power of Padrino.
I would like to build this out slowly but surely. Basically this will be a port of the existing (but incomplete) website at IdeaGrid. The basic structure is as follows:
- Users can post problems that exist in the world.
- For each problem, users can propose solutions to these problems.
- Users can vote on proposed solutions and the top ones will become projects.
- For each project, users can add tasks to help work towards the project.
- For each task, user can set parameters such as "frequency", "people needed", "type"
- Users can then accept a task and help contribute towards the project's completion
Checkout IdeaGrid for an incomplete execution of this idea. I want to port the existing functionality (creating problems, projects and tasks) over to this new application.
A port of a cool idea by George Ruan. Basically a huge site for solving the world's problems through working together over the web.
Ideagrid is a community of diverse individuals with the common goal of improving the environment through communication, planning, and cooperation.
An innovative community collaborating to provide solutions to local and global issues.
- Incorporate your concerns of current events in the Problems tab.
- Demonstrate your methods or solutions in the Idea tab.
- Execute your plans of improving the world in the Tasks tab.
- Arrange events with interested members in the People tab.
Whether you change to using energy efficient light-bulbs or switch to a more fuel efficient car, your contributing to creating a greener environment.
This project uses Ruby and Git along with a number of other tools and frameworks:
- Padrino Web Framework (http://padrinorb.com)
- MongoMapper and MongoDB
- riot unit testing
- haml and sass template engines