NEST 2.10.0 contains 303 repository commits by 25 developers since v2.8.0. The most notable changes over v2.8.0 are:
- Support for simulations of gap junctions (see Jan Hahne et al., 2015)
- Framework for structural plasticity (see Markus Butz et al., 2013 and Markus Butz et al., 2014)
- Full support for the K computer (just in case you found one under your Christmas tree ;-))
New features and functionality
- To group connections that belong together, synapse models may now contain a numeric label, specified at creation time.
GetConnectionscan select on this label.
- Array parameters in calls to
Connectcan now also be specified as lists and tuples.
New models and model updates
- New Tsodyks synapse model with common properties.
- New STDP triplet synapse (see Pfister & Gerstner, 2006).
- All precise models are now derived from
ArchivingNodeto support STDP connections.
parrot_neuronnow supports connections onto port 0 and 1.
- Added call to
set_spiketimeto make STDP work with this model.
Documentation and example improvements
- Updated examples for the use of CSA in NEST.
- Cleaned up
hpc_benchmark.sli, which now also randomizes initial membrane potentials.
- Updated online documentation on kernel parameters, including rng seeds.
- New tests for
parrot_neuronand for STDP between parrot neurons
parrot_neuron_psnow saves times of outgoing spikes.
binary_neuronnow records spike times.
pp_pop_psc_deltadoes not support STDP anymore (as this was not sensible).
- binary neurons and non-binary neurons cannot be connected anymore (which was possible but meaningless)
- MUSIC now behaves correctly upon ResetKernel.
- PyNEST now correctly handles changes to argv made by MPI or MUSIC during initialization.
Under the hood
- The PyNEST high-level API was split into multiple files and submodules are loaded dynamically.
- Improved tools for static analysis and automatic formatting of code in the CI and locally.
- Fix errors in models when non default tics_per_ms setting is used.
Contributors since v2.6.0
- Hannah Bos
- Rajakelshmi Deepu
- Moritz Deger
- Sandra Diaz
- Mikael Djurfeldt
- Jochen Martin Eppler
- Jan Hahne
- Moritz Helias
- Tammo Ippen
- Susanne Kunkel
- Frank Michler
- Janne Morén
- Abigail Morrison
- Alexander Peyser
- Hans Ekkehard Plesser
- Maximilian Schmidt
- Alex Seeholzer
- Teo Stocco
If you use this version of NEST, please cite it as Bos, Hannah et al. (2015). NEST 2.10.0. Zenodo. 10.5281/zenodo.44222. The full citation is available in different formats on Zenodo.