Release 1.14 contains 14 bug fixes and 24 improvements.
At a glance
Our contributors kicked the ball out of the park this time. Our thanks go to the following people:
@ekartsonakis for the excellent addition of TLS support to the OpenLDAP collector
@Wing924 whose cat apparently leaves him enough time to help us with springboot2 and a lot more!
@huww98 for his contribution to the NVIDIA SMI plugin.
@varyumin for his help on the Kubernetes helm chart.
@skrzyp1 for the very significant addition of cgroup v2 support
@hsegnitz for his contribution to the web server log plugin.
@archisgore for the quick fixes to the Polyverse-enabled docker image.
@tctovsli for his Rocket Chat notifications improvements.
@JoeWrightss and @vinyasmusic for not letting us get away with spelling mistakes.
@andvgal for the addition to the MongoDB collector.
@piiiggg for the apache proxy documentation fix
@Ferroin for general awesomeness.
- Fixed cases where the netdata version produced by the binary or the configure tools of the source code was wrong. Instead of getting something like
netdata-v1.14.0-rc0-39a9sf9gwe would get a
netdata-39a9sf9g. #5860 (paulkatsoulakis)
- Fixed unexpected crashes of the python plugin on macOS, caused by new security changes made in High Sierra. #5838 (ilyam8)
- Fixed problem autodetecting failed jobs in python.d plugin. It now properly restarts jobs that are being rechecked, as soon as they are able to run. #5837 (ilyam8)
- CouchdDB monitoring would stop sometimes with an exception. Fixed the unhandled exception causing the issue. #5833 (ilyam8)
- The netdata api deliberately returned http error 400 when netdata ran in memory mode none. Modified the behavior to return responses, regardless of the memory mode #5819 (cakrit)
- The python.d plugin sometimes does not receive
SIGTERMwhen netdata exits, resulting in zombie processes. Added a heartbeat so that the process can exit on
SIGPIPE. #5797 (ilyam8)
- The new SMS Server Tools notifications did not handle errors well, resulting in cryptic error messages. Improved error handling. #5770 (cakrit)
- The installers would crash on some FreeBSD systems, because
sha256sumused by the installers is not available on all FreeBSD installations. Modified the installers to properly support FreeBSD. #5760 (paulkatsoulakis)
- Running netdata behind a proxy in FreeBSD did not work, when using UNIX sockets. Added special handling of UNIX sockets for FreeBSD. #5756 (vlvkobal)
- Fixed sporadic build failures of our Docker image, due to dependencies on the Polyverse package ( APK broken state). #5751 (archisgore)
- Fix segmentation fault in streaming, when two dimensions had similar names. #5882 (vlvkobal)
- Kubernetes Helm Chart: Fixed incorrect use of namespaces in ServiceAccount and ClusterRoleBinding RBAC fixes (varyumin).
- Elastic search: The option to enable HTTPS was not included in the config file, giving the erroneous impression that HTTPS was not supported. The option was added. [#5834] (#5834) (ilyam8)
- RocketChat notifications were not being sent properly. Added default recipients for roles in the health alarm notification configuration. #5545 (tctovsli)
- go.d.plugin v0.4.0 : Docker Hub and k8s coredns collectors, springboot2 URI filters support.
- go.d.plugin v0.3.1 : Add default job to run k8s_kubelet.conf, k8s_kubeproxy, activemq modules
- go.d.plugin v0.3.0 : Docker engine, kubelet and kub-proxy collectors. x509check module reading certs from file support
- Added unified cgroup support that includes v2 cgroups #5407 (skrzyp1)
- Disk stats: Added preferred disk id pattern, so that users can see the id they prefer, when multiple ids appear for the same device #5779 (vlvkobal)
- NVIDIA SMI: Added memory free and per process memory usage charts to the collector #5796 (huww98)
- OpenLDAP: Added TLS support, to allow monitoring of LDAPS. #5859 (ekartsonakis)
- PHP-FPM: Add health check to raise alarms when the phpfm server is unreachable #5836 (ilyam8)
- PostgreSQL: Our configuration options to connect to a DB did not support all possible option. Added option to connect to a PostreSQL instance by defining a connection string (URI). #5758 (ilyam8)
- python.d.plugin: There was no way to delete obsolete dimensions in charts created by the python.d plugin. The plugin can now delete dimension at runtime. #5795 (ilyam8)
- netdata supports sending its logs to Syslog, but the facility was hard-coded. We now support configurable Syslog facilities in
netdata.conf. #5792 (thiagoftsm)
- We encountered sporadic failures of our kickstart installation scripts after nightly releases. We add integrity tests to our pipeline to ensure we prevent faulty scripts from getting deployed. #5778 (paulkatsoulakis)
- Kubernetes Helm Chart improvements: (cakrit) and (varyumin).
- Added serviceName in statefulset spec to align with the k8s documentation
- Added preStart command to persist slave machine GUIDs, so that pod deletion/addition during upgrades doesn't lose the slave history.
- Disabled non-essential master netdata collector plugins to avoid duplicate data
- Added preStop command to wait for netdata to exit gracefully before removing the container
- Extended configuration file support to provide more control from the helm command line
- Added option to disable Role-based access control
- Added liveness and readiness probes.