Dispar is short for "[Dis]assemling binary [Par]ser" written in C++17. The whole concept of the project is to load binaries, like executables, libraries, core dumps etc., and do analysis of their structure and data; most notably their strings, symbols, and functions. Currently, it supports only 32+64 bit Mach-O binaries (including universal binaries) but there are plans for supporting ELF and PE/PE+ later on.
Table of Contents
- Building The Program
- Advanced Topics
There are both external and internal libraries and tools required to build and run this program.
- CMake 3.12+
- Qt 5.15+
- QtPrintSupport (macOS only)
- QtDBus (macOS and Linux)
- QtXcbQpa (Linux only)
- Arch-specific platform plugin: libqcocoa.dylib, qwindows.dll, or libqxcb.so
- Arch-specific platform style: libqmacstyle.dylib, qwindowsvistastyle.dll
- Clang, llvm-profdata, and llvm-cov 4+ (for code coverage)
- Clang, scan-build 4+ (for static analysis)
Located in the lib folder:
Building The Program
% ./init_repo.sh # Only needed after first git clone! % mkdir build % cd build % cmake .. % make
This will create the dispar executable in "./bin/".
NOTE: In the following all cmake invocations assume they're being run from the "./build" folder!
A suite of software tests can be run like this:
% cmake -DBUILD_TESTS=ON . % make % ctest