Motivation: The epoll testsuite tests the epoll transport only against itself (i.e. epoll x epoll only). We should test the epoll transport also against the well-tested NIO transport, too. Modifications: - Make SocketTestPermutation extensible and reusable so that the epoll testsuite can take advantage of it. - Rename EpollTestUtils to EpollSocketTestPermutation and make it extend SocketTestPermutation. - Overall clean-up of SocketTestPermutation - Use Arrays.asList() for simplicity - Add combo() method to remove code duplication Result: The epoll transport is now also tested against the NIO transport. SocketTestPermutation got cleaner.
Motivation: We are seeing EpollSocketSslEchoTest does not finish itself while its I/O thread is busy. Jenkins should have terminated them when the global build timeout reaches, but Jenkins seems to fail to do so. What's more interesting is that Jenkins will start another job before the EpollSocketSslEchoTest is terminated, and Linux starts to oom-kill them, impacting the uptime of the CI service. Modifications: - Set timeout for all test cases in SocketSslEchoTest so that all SSL tests terminate themselves when they take too long. - Fix a bug where the epoll testsuite uses non-daemon threads which can potentially prevent JVM from quitting. - (Cleanup) Separate boss group and worker group just like we do for NIO/OIO transport testsuite. Result: Potentially more stable CI machine.
…Aggregator. Part of [#2219]
This regression was introduced by e0b3915
- autobahntestsuite-maven-plugin does not provide a way to skip all tests, so we run only one simple test when -DskipTests is set
…e printed stacktraces
- Use the real host name with a firewall so that the connection attempt always takes long time on all platforms. - Fixes #2128
This allows custom transport implementations to just re-use the tests provided by netty and so make sure everything works like expected.
…nt executor makes the session hang - Fixes #2098 - Deprecate specifying an alternative Executor for delegated tasks for SslHandler
- One notable leak is from WebSocketFrameAggregator - All other leaks are from tests
- Fixes #1808 - Move all methods in ChannelInboundHandler and ChannelOutboundHandler up to ChannelHandler - Remove ChannelInboundHandler and ChannelOutboundHandler - Deprecate ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter, ChannelOutboundHandlerAdapter, and ChannelDuplexHandler - Replace CombinedChannelDuplexHandler with ChannelHandlerAppender because it's not possible to combine two handlers into one easily now - Introduce 'Skip' annotation to pass events through efficiently - Remove all references to the deprecated types and update Javadoc
…r methods, and move most handler invocation code in ChannelHandlerContext to the default ChannelHandlerInvoker implementation - Fixes #1912 - Add ChannelHandlerInvoker and its default implementation - Add pipeline manipulation methods that accept ChannelHandlerInvoker - Rename Channel(Inbound|Outbound)Invoker to Channel(Inbound|Outbound)Ops to avoid confusion - Remove the Javadoc references to the package-private interfaces
…here necessary - Class.getSimpleName() doesn't render anonymous classes very well - + some minor cleanup
…re are no regressions.
- Add ServerChannelFactory for ServerBootstrap which is the counterpart of ChannelFactory for Bootstrap