Stripped Database Dumps
Clone this wiki locally
Stripped Database Dump
Dumps your database and excludes some tables. This is useful i.e. for development.
Separate each table to strip by a space.
You can use wildcards like
? in the table names to strip multiple tables.
In addition you can specify pre-defined table groups that start with an
$ n98-magerun.phar db:dump --strip="dataflow_batch_export unimportant_module_* @log @stripped"
Available Table Groups:
- @log Log tables
- @dataflowtemp Temporary tables of the dataflow import/export tool
- @stripped Standard definition for a stripped dump (logs and dataflow) (short for
- @sales Sales data (orders, invoices, creditmemos etc)
- @customers Customer data
- @trade Current trade data (customers and orders). You usually do not want those in developer systems. (short for
- @development Removes logs and trade data so developers do not have to work with real customer data (short for
--strip="@trade @stripped"=> all of the above)
See it in action:
Add your own groups
You can extend or modify the groups by creating your own config ~/.n98-magerun.yaml or project-specific config in app/etc/n98-magerun.yaml file.
commands: N98\Magento\Command\Database\DumpCommand: table-groups: - id: n98 description: Tables starting with n98 tables: n98* - id: foo description: Mix groups and single table names tables: foo bar @log - id: development description: Removes logs and trade data so developers do not have to work with real customer data tables: @trade @stripped @n98