Script and patches to build Neubot for Debian.
Makefile delegates the bulk of the work to
The main Neubot repository is:
I have not rigorously tracked the dependencies; however, to build your
own Debian packages, you need at least
How to build packages
make deb-package and/or
make deb-package-nox. Note
that all the patches in the toplevel directory are applied to the Neubot
sources before creating the package. This fact allows one to make local
changes to the Debian package.
How to make a release
Double check that you are Simone Basso, then type
make all. This
make deb-package and
make deb-package-nox, then it
creates and signs all the files required to setup an alternative
How to run the regression tests
Procedure for testing a release under Ubuntu
First of all, run the regression tests.
- make sure that Neubot autoupdates on a Ubuntu machine where a previous version of Neubot was already installed;
- install Neubot on an Ubuntu machine and:
- make sure it prompts for privacy settings during the install;
- make sure it prompts for privacy settings after a reboot;
- make sure that the following commands work properly:
I typically test new releases on Ubuntu 12.04.