Google Summer of Code 2020 - Neutralinojs
Neutralinojs organization is applying for Google Summer of Code 2020 program. If you are interested in applying as a student please check following instructions.
The big picture
- About you - Say some information about your background
- Project background - What you are going to build and why?
- Goals summary - What you are going to achieve
- Results for the Neutralinojs - Advatanges for the organization
- Other commitments - State if you have other responsibilities during the project
1. Vue template for the nue CLI
Developing a starter project using Vue with Neutralino type definities Reference: https://github.com/neutralinojs/neutralinojs/issues/126
2. Microsoft Edge integration
Neutralinojs uses IE as the web browser component in Windows. The idea is to replace with Edge/Chromium based Edge for latest version of Windows and also keep MSHTML for older Windows. Reference: https://github.com/neutralinojs/neutralinojs/issues/157 https://github.com/neutralinojs/neutralinojs/issues/145 https://github.com/neutralinojs/neutralinojs/issues/180 https://github.com/neutralinojs/neutralinojs/issues/147
3. Mergeing multiple projects in to single codebase
The idea is to combine all sub projects in to single c++ codebase which will use make. Reference: https://github.com/neutralinojs/neutralinojs/issues/149
4. Neutralinojs mobile - POC
Producing a POC demostrating Neutralinojs on mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
5. Full-featured sample project
Creating a sample project which will use almost all features of latest Neutralinojs version with best practices.
- Simple IDE
- API Tester
- Photo Editor
Feel free to submit your own idea too. Whereas, please discuss with our mentors before you start composing the proposal.
6. Security related improvements
Goal is to do full security test and implement required fixes for critical issues Eg:- Disabling application access via network ports in window mode
7. Neutralinojs apps
Idea is to create static app store in https://neutralino.js.org/apps. Basically app list will be loaded from a JSON from the repository. Anyone will be able to submit an app via a pull request.
- Shalitha Suranga
- Athif Shaffy
- Kasun Vithanage