- Neutralinojs vs Electron vs NW.JS vs Tauri vs NodeGui vs Flutter vs .Net MAUI
- Neutralinojs vs Electron vs NW.js (2018)
- Roadmap for 2021
Get started with the neu CLI.
# Creating a new app $ npm i -g @neutralinojs/neu $ neu create hello-world $ cd hello-world $ neu run # Building your app $ neu build
This documentation is for contributors. If you would like to learn Neutralinojs application development, please check this documentation.
Ask questions on StackOverflow using tag neutralinojs
- Select existing issues or create a new issue. Send us a pull request with your code changes. We are happy to review it
- Refer to this guide for contribution guidelines.
Collaboration and communication
- We use Slack and Discord for quick discussions.
- Join our Google group for feature proposals and long discussions.
Framework Developer Guide
Setup and compilation
No need for separate compilers because Linux distributions usually have GNU C/C++ compilers installed already.
Install GTk and webkit libraries
If you are using a newer version of Ubuntu, some libraries may be pre-installed.
$ sudo apt-get install \ libgtk-3-dev \ libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 \ libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev \ libappindicator3-dev
$ sudo dnf install \ @development-tools \ libappindicator-gtk3.x86_64 \ gtk3 \ webkit2gtk3.x86_64 \ webkit2gtk3-devel.x86_64
Compiling Neutralino server on Linux
$ bash build_linux.sh # [ia32, x64, armhf]
Install the latest Visual Studio IDE. Neutralinojs compilation on Windows will use MSVC (aka
cl.exe) C++ compiler.
Compiling Neutralino server on Windows
$ ./build_windows.bat # [ia32, x64]
Install Xcode Command Line Tools.
Compiling Neutralino server on MacOS
$ bash build_macos.sh # [ia32, x64]
Sponsors and Donators
Organizations and individuals support Neutralinojs. See: https://codezri.org/sponsors
If you like to support our work, you can donate to Neutralinojs via Patreon.
Licenses and Copyrights
- Neutralinojs core: MIT. Copyright (c) 2021 Neutralinojs and contributors.
- HTTP server library: MIT from yhirose/cpp-httplib. Copyright (c) 2017 Yuji Hirose.
- JSON parser library: MIT from nlohmann/json. Copyright (c) 2013-2021 Niels Lohmann.
- Cross-platform webview library: MIT from webview/webview. Copyright (c) 2017 Serge Zaitsev.
- Cross-platform tray library: MIT from zserge/tray. Copyright (c) 2017 Serge Zaitsev.
- Cross-platform message box library: MIT from aaronmjacobs/Boxer. Copyright (c) 2014 Aaron Jacobs.
- Base64 encoder/decoder library: MIT from tobiaslocker/base64. Copyright (c) 2019 Tobias Locker.
- Logo design credits: IconsPng. Copyright free as mentioned in their website.
Please check all licenses from this link.
The above image was generated with contributors-img.