This is mostly just a long overdue maintenance release. Many pull requests were
merged. A few non-pull-request branches were merged too. This version supports
ruby 1.9.3, 1.8.7, and even ancient 1.8.6, and all are checked by
travis-ci. It also explicitly
supports resque ~> 1.20. And (if you have
gem-man installed), it now has man
pages for bin and yml config.
Many thanks to the contributers!
- @agnellvj: ruby 1.9 compatibility
- @geoffgarside: man pages!
- @imajes - bugfix: Handle when a pid no longer exists by the time you try and kill it.
@jeremy & @jamis -
- @jhsu - bugfix: undefined variable 'e' for errors
- @gaffneyc - compatibility fix: Resque::Pool::PooledWorker as a module rather than class
- @kcrayon - bugfix: fix worker shutdown
@alexkwolfe - added
app_namefor logging (and maybe more in the future?)
- new feature: sending
HUPto pool manager will reload the logfiles and gracefully restart all workers.
- enhancement: logging now includes timestamp, process "name" (worker or manager), and PID.
- enhancement: can be used with no config file or empty config file (not all that useful, but it's better than unceromoniously dieing!)
- bugfix: pidfile will be cleaned up on startup, e.g. if old process was kill-9'd (Jason Haruska)
- bugfix: TERM/INT are no longer ignored when HUP is waiting on children
resque-pool -c config.ymlcommand line option was broken
- development: simple cucumber features for core functionality.
- upstream: depends on resque ~> 1.13
- new feature:
resque-poolcommand line interface
- this replaces need for a special startup script.
- manages PID file, logfiles, daemonizing, etc.
resque-pool --helpfor more info and options
- updated example config, init.d script, including a chef recipe that should work at EngineYard.
- remove rubygems 1.3.6 dependency
- new feature:
RESQUE_POOL_CONFIGenvironment variable to set alt config file
- upgraded to resque 1.10, removing
- bugfix: using (or not using) environments in config file
- new feature: split by environments in config file
- added example startup script, Rakefile, and monit config
- bugfix: worker processes not shutting down after orphaned
- first release used in production