consensus-yaraft is an embeddable distributed log storage library that provides strong consistency based on the Raft algorithm.
- Fault tolerance & Strong consistency: every single log will be synchronously replicated through the Raft state machine. Failure of minority doesn't impede progress.
- Multi Raft: A process creates 100 raft nodes doesn't have to create 100 threads. The background timer, the disk io thread pool (
ReadyFlusher), even the FSM task queue, can be shared between raft nodes.
- Simple: the basic operation for writing a slice of log includes only
- The library doesn't provide with client-interaction support.
- Writes can only be applied to the leader. Any write operations to a non-leader will get rejected.
consensus-yaraft is written in C++11, please ensure a compiler with C++11 support is installed.
Ensure you have cmake, unzip, libtool, autoconf installed on your system.
Ensure you have leveldb, zlib, openssl installed, because brpc relies on them.
On Ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt install zlib1g-dev libboost-all-dev libsnappy-dev bash install_dependencies.sh bash compile_proto.sh bash run.sh build
Once the building becomes success, the library would be installed in the directory
apps/memkv is a prototype of using consensus-yaraft to implement a raft-based in-memory key-value store.
consensus-yaraft is under the Apache 2.0 license. See the LICENSE file for details.