Presenter: Gregg Pollack
So you’ve got the basics of Rails down, but you haven’t really done any testing. Never fear, this course will lead you through everything you need to know to start testing your Rails apps. All you need to bring is a laptop with Wi-Fi and a browser which isn’t Internet Explorer. All coding will be done through our web application, and there will be plenty of lab assistants to help you if you get stuck along the way.
- Test Unit basics
- Testing Rails models, using fixtures, and validation testing.
- Improving our testing code with macros, shoulda basics, and setup/teardown.
- Mocking and Stubbing with Mocha
- Testing the whole Rails stack with Capybara Integration tests
- Using Factory Girl to replace Fixtures
Testing Philosophy No testing Verification Testing Test First Strict Test Driven Design
Unit Testing Test individual parts in isolation Easy to debug Developer documentation - examples of how to use the application
Why Test::Unit rails uses Test::Unit, so understanding rails tests
require "test/unit" class