Presenter: Gregg Pollack
Do you need to start learning Ruby on Rails? In this morning tutorial the Envy Labs team will lead you through all five labs of their Rails for Zombies course. Unlike other tutorials, all you need to start coding Rails is a laptop with Wi-Fi and a browser which isn’t Internet Explorer. All coding will be done through our web application, and there will be plenty of lab assistants to help you if you get stuck along the way. Before you come to the course we recommend you play through http://www.tryruby.org/. It’s an in-browser Ruby tutorial.
- Basic ActiveRecord CRUD
- Models, Validations, has_many, belongs_to
- Views, ERB, Loops
- Controllers, before filter
- Basic Routing
- This is a file generated from the RailsConf JSON. Please remove this notice when adding notes.
- If you're interested in the generator code, see the "generator" directory.
- This layout is just a suggestion.
- Bullet points might work well. Paragraphs too. Up to you. :)