Heymon is a Rails-based frontend for Collectd. Heymon's initial development was performed as an infrastructure project for http://dotspots.com. DotSpots, Inc. has graciously agreed to release this code as open source.
Original Author: Brian Long firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributors: chrispy (http://github.com/chrispy)
Heymon's distribution includes:
- Ruby on Rails including constituent parts prototype/scriptaculous - http://rubyonrails.com
- jQuery - http://jquery.com/
- Thickbox - http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/
1) Install the following gems: gem install right_aws gem install haml 2) Install RRDtool: http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/ Make sure to enter bindings/ruby and install the ruby bindings as well.
3) Install the gems for whatever database you plan on using, e.g. sqlite3. Note: use of sqlite3 in production is strongly discouraged.
gem install sqlite3-ruby
4) Edit your database configuration to your liking.
5) Create heymon's databases
config/environment.rb to point to your collectd installation. Note: yes, the implication is that heymon must run on the same machine as collectd.
COLLECTD_RRD = '' # (edit config/environment.rb to change the following line)
Also edit the location of your rrdtool binary as necessary:
RRDTOOL_BIN = ''
7) Start rails and you're off!