New Palmyra Community
Below are various challenges and todos. Pick on, assign yourself, talk with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's build New Palmyra together!.
- Create Wikipedia entry for New Palmyra.
- ping wikimedian to do, or just do
- or first add statements and references to the Wikidata item on New Palmyra
- and New Palmyra images (ex) or other media to Wikimedia Commons
- Convert the Robert Wood book from bitmap images to vector images: https://github.com/newpalmyra/robert-wood-ruins-of-palmyra-book
- needs looking at, converted to black and white
- Make plan for community workshop activity to print model in 2D (DONE)
- Improve Temple of Bel: https://github.com/newpalmyra/temple-of-bel (updates coming soon)
- Improve Arch of Triumph: https://github.com/newpalmyra/arch-of-triumph (add detail)
- Print and make creative project with: https://github.com/newpalmyra/print-sprint-model (can do again)
- Develop Master Plan for Palmyra (should just do it)
- Make a VR version of either model (talk to people, talk to companies)
- Make game with palmyra (waiting on someone)
- Make something like http://ludobox.github.io with all palmyra models inside, could be in 3D model body (waiting on someone)
- Develop a new model from one of Palmyra's site. Talk to us: email@example.com
- Develop a story with the site of Palmyra, publish it. (waiting on someone)
- Make a painting of one of the sites, as in old school ink, oil, or watercolor (waiting on people)
- Make interesting 3D renderings of the sites, release them publicly! (RENDERING CONTEST)
- Develop an artwork, or installation in physical space. (in-progress)
- Expand research of Palmyra, culture, life, food, sounds, and more. (longer term)
- Pick another media, create project using New Palmyra releases or new data.
- Create exhibition of New Palmyra releases or new info/data. (in-progress)
- Develop photogrammetry software, to take photos of palmyra and make 3D models (needs research)
- Develop software to convert our models to open format for use on web (ml)
- Add upload box to main website, drag and drop photos, pipe into photogrammetry software. (progress on)
- Make upload box use git backend or some type of sync (check out IPFS)
- Run standalone Git Large File Storage (LFS) for our large art assets (implementations: https://github.com/github/git-lfs/wiki/Implementations)
- Improve and/or track Sparkeshare Git LFS dev: https://github.com/hbons/SparkleShare/issues/385 (discussion in progress)
- Get a sparkleshare setup working with New Palmyra, document, make a release about it (in progress)
- announce with github, sparkleshare, some art orgs
- Go to Website Issues: https://github.com/newpalmyra/newpalmyra.org
- Clone the repository
- Fix the issue you assigned to yourself.
- Commit your issue fix and send a pull request.
- After this fix, we will review and then afterwards give you full access