Open Data BC Hackathon 2018 Project. ineedmymeds crowdsources information about medication availability from different pharmacies.
Why this is needed?
- Medication shortages happen all the time.
- There’s no way to predict these shortages
- What happens if you need a medication but it’s not available in your pharmacy?
- The pharmacy calls the nearest X pharmacies to see if anyone has it
- It's unrealistic for your pharmacy to call the hundreds of other pharmacies in the city so the patient is left without access to that medication
- Flask - Our backend API is a Flask App which responds to requests in JSON
- React.js - Our front end is a React.js app that communicates with the Flask API.
Setting up the database
cat create_db.sql | sqlite3 ineedmy.db (venv) python data/import_drugs.py /usr/share/freemedforms/datapacks/appinstalled/drugs/master.db ./ineedmy.db (venv) python data/pharmacies_scraper.py python data/import_all_pharmacies.py data/pharmacies_list.csv ineedmy.db
(venv) pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Start the App
(venv) python run.py
npm run start
- Pablo Duboue
- Newvick Lee