AboutCode Manager provides an advanced visual UI to help you quickly evaluate license and other notices identified by ScanCode and record your conclusion about the effective license(s) for a component. AboutCode Manager is based on Electron and will be the primary desktop/GUI tool for using nexB’s AboutCode tools. This app works on Windows, OS X and Linux operating systems.
The ScanCode toolkit detects licenses, copyrights and other interesting information in your code. The AboutCode Manager allows you take the scan results from the ScanCode Toolkit and create components. By creating these components within in your codebase, you are creating a software inventory of your product. The conclusions (Concluded License, Concluded Owner, etc.) you make when creating your component can then be exported to a JSON file.
- You can download the latest release for your operating system or build it yourself (see below).
Once downloaded, you can find
- AboutCode Manager is only compatible with scans from ScanCode Toolkit v2.0.0-RC1 and above.
- Scans imported into the app need to contain the file information data. Therefore, the
-ioption needs to be used in your ScanCode command. For example:
See the wiki for more documentation on how to use the app.
# Clone this repository git clone https://github.com/nexB/aboutcode-manager.git # Go into the repository cd aboutcode-manager # Install dependencies and run the app npm install && npm start
After building is done, you can find
Archives (tar.gz and .zip) are also built.
Test functionality using:
$ npm test
- Apache-2.0 with an acknowledgement required to accompany the scan output.
- Public domain CC-0 for reference datasets.
- Multiple licenses (LGPL, MIT, BSD, etc.) for third-party components.
See the NOTICE file for more details.
If you have a question, a suggestion or find a bug, enter an issue.
For questions and chats, there is an official #aboutcode IRC channel on freenode for scancode and other related tools. You can use your favorite IRC client or use the web chat at http://webchat.freenode.net/