This challenge is based on Diana’s talks about #Tech4Good and diabetes. One of them being: ‘Roadmap to an Open Source Artificial Pancreas Diabetes Monitoring with Flask’ at EuroPython2020!
Based on the Nightscout notifier app, create a feature or add-on to improve the functionality of this application. For example ideas you could choose to improve the application, see below. We don’t expect a huge amount of time to be taken on this challenge, our guideline is about an hour.
- Nightscout Notifier Repository https://github.com/nexmo-community/nexmo-scout
- Nightscout Notifier Tutorial: https://nexmo.dev/nightscout
- Python SDK: https://github.com/Nexmo/nexmo-python
- Diana’s Blood Glucose Entries Nightscout Endpoint: https://dianux.superdi.dev/api/v1/entries.json
- More info on Nightscout endpoints: https://github.com/nightscout/cgm-remote-monitor/wiki/API-v1.0.0-beta-Endpoints
Example Feature Ideas
- Request Blood Glucose Level information by sending an SMS to a nexmo number and receiving the latest blood glucose level entry.
- Call a nexmo number and hear a welcome message and hear the latest blood glucose level.
- UX Improvements that make it easier and friendly for users to navigate through the app.
- Be creative and think of your own improvements!
Posting your idea
Submit your PR to https://github.com/nexmo-community/nexmo-scout
Code of Conduct
Please note that all submissions must be in keeping with the Repo Code of Conduct.
If you’ve submitted a PR, why not let us know what you’ve done by tweeting about it and tagging us @VonageDev.