Hacktoberfest #Tech4Good Challenge
Vonage is excited to be at Hacktoberfest 2020!
This challenge is based on Diana’s talk ‘Roadmap to an Open Source Artificial Pancreas Diabetes Monitoring with Flask’ at EuroPython2020!
Based on the Nightscout notifier app, create a feature or add-on to improve the functionality of this application. For example ideas you could choose to improve the application, see below. We don’t expect a huge amount of time to be taken on this challenge, our guideline is about an hour.
- Nightscout Notifier Repository https://github.com/nexmo-community/nexmo-scout
- Nightscout Notifier Tutorial: https://nexmo.dev/nightscout
- Python SDK: https://github.com/Nexmo/nexmo-python
- Diana’s Blood Glucose Entries Nightscout Endpoint: https://dianux.superdi.dev/api/v1/entries.json
- More info on Nightscout endpoints: https://github.com/nightscout/cgm-remote-monitor/wiki/API-v1.0.0-beta-Endpoints
Example Feature Ideas
- Request Blood Glucose Level information by sending an SMS to a nexmo number and receiving the latest blood glucose level entry.
- Call a nexmo number and hear a welcome message and hear the latest blood glucose level.
- UX Improvements that make it easier and friendly for users to navigate through the app.
- Be creative and think of your own improvements!
Posting your idea
Submit your PR to https://github.com/nexmo-community/nexmo-scout
Code of Conduct
Please note that all submissions must be in keeping with the Repo Code of Conduct.
If you’ve submitted a PR, why not let us know what you’ve done by tweeting about it and tagging us @VonageDev.