Data from Memorial (http://memo.ru) in machine readable form:
- victims of terror of 1930s in Moscow
- lists of 2614978 victims across Russia
- geodata for objects of terror
Scraped from source: http://mos.memo.ru
Main datafile is: data/mos.memo.ru/all.csv, includes addresses.
Includes downloading and parsing script.
Portion of these data (Lubyanka area) was geocoded and put on the map here: http://october29.ru/wp/gorod/
License: code - GNU GPL v2 or any later version, data - unknown, possibly CC-BY
- Lubyanka Web-GIS sources: https://github.com/nextgis/memo-oct29
- First try at geocoding in 2001 (not good, but first) - Rivers of blood in Moscow:The Great Purge personified http://memoryfull.ru/purge/repressions.html, data: https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapid=S179582JJFj
Data extracted from the MySQL database distributed on "Жертвы политического террора в СССР" disk.
Main datafiles are: data/lists.memo.ru-disk, no addresses
License: unknown, possibly CC-BY
- Installing database
- Converting database
- Another project on extracting full lists throughout Russia by web-scrapping (but no address information): https://github.com/ivbeg/memoru
##topography of terror
Geodata used on the 'Topography of terror' map: http://topos.memo.ru/karta. License: ODbL (OpenStreetMap is a source for building outlines).