A Moodle filter plug-in to embed Scratch projects using the Scratch Java applet. It embeds community software projects hosted at, http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries
NOTICE: this software is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with the official MIT Scratch project or team.
To install (on Moodle 2):
- Un-compress the Zip/Gzip archive, and copy the folder renamed 'scratchembed' to your moodle/filter/ directory.
- Log in to Moodle as admininstrator, go to Site Administration | Plugins | Filters | Manage Filters.
- Choose 'On' or 'Off but available' in the drop-down menu next to 'Scratch embed'.
The syntax to embed a project:
[Scratch] http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/technoguyx/355353 [/Scratch]
- Moodle plugin entry: http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=filter_scratchembed
- (Old plugin page: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?rid=4714)
- Code, Git: https://github.com/nfreear/moodle-filter_scratchembed
- Also, Hg: https://bitbucket.org/nfreear/scratchembed
- Demo (todo): http://freear.org.uk/moodle
- "Why square brackets?", http://bitbucket.org/nfreear/timelinewidget/src/tip/filter.php#cl-36
- Tested in Moodle 1.9.7 and 2.0.2.
- The ScratchApplet Java applet must be in the same domain as the Scratch project.
- Filter syntax is case-insensitive.
- The plug-in is internationalized in Moodle 1.9 and 2.
- If there is demand I'll look at embedding locally hosted Scratch projects (.sb files).
- Similarly, I may look at an alternative filter syntax.
- Consider config. switch for new Flash player, http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=57153
Scratch embed plugin, Copyright © 2011 Nicholas Freear.
- License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v2 or later.
Scratch 1.4 Software, Copyright (c) 2009 Massachusetts Institute of Technology