OERs about accessibility
2014-03-14 07:45:00 -0700
accessibility e-learning oer
In response to a recent webinar on Accessibility & OER, I thought I'd put together a list of some OER-like resources that I know of about accessibility. Please feel free to tell me about resources that you've found useful!
Web accessibility basics
- URL: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/concepts/accessibility
- Type: wiki, online
- Publisher: Web Platform Docs
- License: CC-by-3.0 | https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ | http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Copyright
- Notes: Web Platform is a collaborative documentation project sponsored by lots of top bodies including W3C, Adobe, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla and Opera.
Dive Into Accessibility
- URL: http://diveintoaccessibility.info
- Type: book, print + online
- Copyright: Copyright © 2002 Mark Pilgrim
- License: GNU FDL | http://gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html | http://diveintoaccessibility.info/terms_of_use.html
- Notes: aimed primarily at developers and Web designers, but a good introduction for all. It uses fictional users with various (dis-)abilities to illustrate specific techniques - a very useful technique. Mark Pilgrim is a very readable technical author. An oldie but definitely a goldie!
- URL: https://accessibility.makes.org/thimble/web-accessibility-
- Publisher: Mozilla (Webmaker)
- License: Is it OER-like? https://webmaker.org/en-US/terms ("... you hereby grant every user of the Webmaker a non-exclusive, worldwide, sublicensable royalty free license to use Your Submissions in connection the functionality available through Webmaker.") ("In the future, we may provide you with options to add Creative Commons or other …")
- Notes: Webmaker is a fairly new platform from Mozilla.
Accessibility of eLearning
- URL: http://www.open.edu/openlearn/education/.../accessibility-elearning/..
- (Old URL: http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/H807_1)
- Type: OER, online
- Originally published: Monday, 4th July 2011
- Publisher: The Open University
- License: CC-by-nc-sa-2.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk
- Notes: aimed primarily at teachers, lecturers and learning technologists.
DISCLAIMER: I've probably missed some key resources – please contribute! Via: @nfreear on Twitter.