Chinese & asian restaurants & food in Milton Keynes
2016-07-23 02:00:00 -0700
China Asia food milton-keynes map
We're quite fortunate in Milton Keynes to have a variety of independent Chinese and Asian restaurants serving more genuine cuisine. Here are some suggestions, and below you'll find a handy map:
- Taipan in the theatre district, serves a great dim sum breakfast/brunch, roughly 12~2pm at the weekends. They also do enjoyable hot pot dishes in the evening.
- Another reliable source of dim sum brunch Kam Tong Garden in Great Holm.
- Planet Dosa are a recent find in Oldbrook. They do delicious pancakes from southern India and Sri Lanka.
- You'll need to journey to Eat Saigon in Northampton for tasty Vietnamese cuisine.
If you have any suggestions, please share!
<script src=" The maphttps://gist.github.com/nfreear/a0a21eacc7a728075a4d.js"></script>
- dim sum are bite-size dumplings and other food, typically served for breakfast, in Canton and other parts of China. They're a bit like Spanish tapas. Don't be put off by the form-like menu that you'll typically use to order food. If in doubt, ask for a menu with photos too!
- Chinese dumplings can be steamed, boiled, shallow fried or grilled, and filled with meat, seafood, vegetables and tofu. Wonton are small dumplings served in soup;
- congee is a Chinese porridge made from rice, and often containing preserved egg and meat, or served with side dishes;
- dosa are a "kind of pancake made from a fermented batter. Its main ingredients are rice and urad beans [black lentils]."