Designed to be hosted on Bluemix.
Works in recent versions of Firefox, will work in Chrome with a small change (see #2), and probably works in Edge (untested). Does not work in current versions of Internet Explorer or Safari due to missing API support.
This extension attempts to match the desired locale, falling back to a language-only match and then finally
en_US if no sutable match is found.
Watson Speech to Text currently supports English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, and Chinese.
The Deploy to Bluemix button completes steps 1-3 automatically:
- First create a Watson Speech to Text instance on Bluemix.
manifest.ymlto have a unique name and use the name of the Speech to Text service instance you created in step 1.
- Upload your copy of the app via the Cloud Foundry CLI tool:
At this point, you should be able to hit the bluemix url and see a working instance of the widget.
- Edit the
extension.jsonfile with your server's url (be sure to use https - Bluemix provides this for all *.mybuemix.net domains.), and then follow the guide to create your own extension on Contentful.
You'll need to set things up on bluemix to get credentials, but then you can create a
.env file (based on
.env.example) or just hard code the credentials into
app.js. After that, just run
npm start and visit http://localhost:3000/ to test it out.
- Improve the setup instructions
- Set up graphic and description for Appearance tab
- Automated testing and continuous deployment
- Switch to a multi-field-level extension that augments all existing text fields with a dictate button instead of being a seperate type of field