Facebook's JS SDK, de-minified.
https://github.com/facebook/connect-js hasn't recieved a meaningfull update in months, meanwhile Facebook has pushed new JS/CSS to production nearly every week. This project aims to provide a useful resource to developers who are working with Facebook's JS SDK and would like to see what has changed recently.
My server runs a nightly cronjob that downloads the latest http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js and the accompanying all.css, de-minifies them, and push any changes to github.
The script does not commit if only the timestamp at the top has changed.
To run your own copy (which I recommend), you'll need to fork the github project, test the shell script, and then set up an appropriate crontab. Mine looks like this:
MAILTO="nathan@[my_site].com" # m h dom mon dow command 0 5 * * * /home/nfriedly/facebook/connect-js/./update_fb_github.sh > /dev/null
This setup sends me an email if there were errors, but not if everything worked successfully.
The CSS Tidy wrapper requires php5-cli:
sudo aptitude install php5-cli
Official FB links
Recent Changes & Current Status:
- Change Log: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/changelog/
- Platform Live Status: https://developers.facebook.com/live_status
- JSON feed of current push status and most recent Platform Live Status issue: https://www.facebook.com/feeds/api_status.php
Upcomming & Long-term Changes:
- Code that will be released within a day or two -- be sure to label any bugs as BETA: https://developers.facebook.com/support/beta-tier/
- Developer Blog: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/
- Platform Roadmap: https://developers.facebook.com/roadmap/
Credit for the idea goes to Roger Hu - http://hustoknow.blogspot.com/
The shell script and csstidy wrapper are copyright Nathan Friedly http://nfriedly.com and released under an MIT License.
The JS is copyright Facebook, Inc. and, to the best of my knowledge, released under an Apache 2.0 License
Other files included in lib/ have their own licenses.
This is obviously not endorsed or supported by Facebook - if it was, they'd probably update their own github account.
https://github.com/tomwaddington/facebook-js-sdk is a similar project that gets updated 3 times per day.