Get started with Go development in minutes!
0. What is this?
Quite simply this is a vim configuration which will setup all the necessary Go development environment (and plugins), without overwriting your current Vim settings. Basically, you will be able to use amazing vim-go plugin (plus number of others), without affecting your system's Vim configuration.
1. Install runtime:
Fork the repo, and then clone it anywhere. Once done, just run installation script:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ngalayko/vim-go-ide.git cd vim-go-ide make
NOTE: You system's Vim configuration will NOT be changed i.e. it is safe to install.
REQUIREMENT: vim-go-ide needs vim8 with python3 and lua support (
brew install vim --with-python3 --with-lua)
2. Run your newly installed Vim configuration:
Remember that your system's Vim config files remain untouched? During installation
.vimrc.go is created. Let's use it:
vim -u ~/.vimrc.go
And btw, nothing prevents you from creation of a handy alias in your
alias vimgo='vim -u ~/.vimrc.go'
3. Setup necessary go tools (godep, gocode, godoc etc):
In order for the amazing vim-go to be most useful, run
:GoInstallBinaries from w/i the Vim.
Yep, that's it!
5. Where to go from here?
- You can also read a corresponding blog post.
- You are highly advised to review vim-go docs (just typing
:help vim-gois also good enough).
- Review list of plugins installed (see bin/install), and default configuration that comes with this setup (see vimrc folder).
- You can also define your custom settings in
~/.vim_go_runtime/custom_config.vimthe runtime will try to load this file - so feel free to remap keys as you see necessary!
6. Update plugin list
Just alter plugin list in install script and run