NHM Macroevolution and macroecology group info
I realised that a lot of my time as a supervisor is spent remembering stuff I've forgotten to tell my students! To stop this from happening, I decided I'd make some notes and leave them here.
If you have suggestions of things I'm missing feel free to send a pull request or raise an issue!
So far the contents of this repository are as follows.
General advice and info about the group
- An outline of our Group Philosophy
- Expectations that I have of my PhD and Masters students, and postdocs along with what they can expect from me.
- Instructions for using our Slack team.
- Some tips on CVs, websites and online promotional tools
- A list of software tools that will be used for research in the group.
Help with specific topics
- Suggestions for how to find help when you have R problems and how to ask for help from me or others to get the quickest response.
- Brief introduction to geometric morphometrics, and where to get help for these sorts of analyses.
- An assortment of links to help, advice, tools etc. that currently don't have their own page.