Augmented Reality Sample using IBM Watson, Unity and Vuforia
This project contains a simple Augmented Reality application which allows users with an iOS device to ask a 3D character, that stands on a piece of paper, for weather information.
Technically the following services and tools are used:
- IBM Watson SDK for Unity
- IBM Watson Speech To Text
- IBM Watson Assistant
- IBM Watson Text To Speech
- Weather Company Data
The picture shows a printed piece of paper with a pattern. When using the app the 3D character shows up on the paper. Users can have conversations with the character, for example:
- User: How is the weather?
- Character: In which location?
- User: Munich
- Character: The temperature in Munich is currently 24 degrees.
- User: How is the weather in Berlin?
- Character: The temperature in Berlin is currently 28 degrees.
Check out the video for a short demo.
Credit goes to Amara Keller for creating the initial version of this sample!
Amara has written a nice blog about the setup of this sample. You should follow the exact same instructions with only a few changes as outlined below.
Instead of the orgininal workspace import workspace.json into Watson Assistant.