Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
User Guides Section
I want to...
- Create a Layout for a given size (example a poker card) - see below!
- Generate files for use with The Game Crafter: CardMaker Game Crafter Guide
- Create cards with non-English characters
This section is a work in progress (your feedback helps!).
- References Basic
- References Defines
- References Overrides
- References - Working without a Reference
- References - Data Referencing with Parameters
- References - Google
- Exporting - PDF (this is coming soon, hopefully)
What should my Layout size be?!
This is a common issue users face when creating a new layout.
Questions you need answers to before continuing:
- What size of card / component do you want to make? (you'll need the value in inches)
- What is the dots per inch (DPI) you are targeting?
If you do not know how to answer the second question I would strongly recommend you assume 300DPI. This is a standard DPI that most printers should be able to output. If you plan to export to PDF for sharing/printing 300DPI will also work fine and give you fine quality output.
A bit of math
You will need to calculate the width and height based in the size and DPI.
Pixel width = (width of card in inches) x DPI
Pixel height = (height of card in inches) x DPI
Poker Card Example
Poker cards are 2.5" wide and 3.5" high.
So with a DPI of 300:
750 = 2.5 x 300
1050 = 3.5 x 300