A simple, healthy, and convenient vegan meal.
The following recipe, based on the solution to a linear program, makes one serving.
- 42 g soybeans; soaked
- 24 g peanut butter (peanuts should be the only ingredient)
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 8 g chia seeds (5 g ground, 3 g whole)
- 1 g iodized salt
- cook beans until soft
- blend all ingredients
- dilute to 2 cups
- refrigerate for up to six days
- pressure cooker
- immersion blender
- half-gallon jugs
- coffee grinder
- bucket, for mixing
- good: vanilla, mint, coffee, coconut
- okay: pumpkin pie spice
- bad: strawberry, banana
- citric/lactic acid - just in case you want to pretend you're drinking kefir
- sunflower lecithin - helps keep phases mixed while bottling and serving
- Can I drink pbean and nothing else? No. You must supplement it with at a few leaves of kale (or other Brassica) to get the RDA of vitamins A, C, and K.
- Can I use other nut butters? Yes, but the flavor will not change much.